MLS and its Supporters: Video Proof

Thursday, December 18, 2008 | View Comments
Post number four, no one here (cue the empty room echo sound effect), and I'm already reevaluating my approach. There's a chance I was just a touch dry (water...*cough*...I need water) with those first couple of posts. I had strong opinions on the subjects involved, though, and the voices get mad if I don't get them out every now and then.

So with this improved spirit (hard to be NEW and improved when the whole blog is new) in mind, I've decided to dedicate post four to one of the aspects of the beautiful game that intrigues me the most: supporter passion. It seems odd to me that our American sports don't spawn the type of fervor we see at soccer/football/futbol around the world. The most obvious possible reason is the stop and start nature of our big sports; it just may be that this type of action is inconducive to singing/drumming/chanting (yes, I'm aware that we chant on occasion, it's just that they're never particularly good). Football, baseball, basketball: sure we cheer and scream, sure we jeer and boo, sure we MAKE SOME NOOOOOIIIIIISSSSSEEEE when instructed to by our masters the jumbotrons (which, by the way, will be the mouthpieces of the oppressors when the machines take over), it just doesn't seem to have the same heart to it, does it?

Luckily, we Americans A. learn well, B. let the futbol cultured around us lead, or C. just give it the old college try when it comes our MLS and national team supporter duties. I've gathered up a small collection of supporter videos in a effort to illustrate the point. Bear in mind that these are my personal favorites for each of the listed teams-if you have any particular beefs with the one I've chosen for your club, just shoot me an email or point me in the direction of a better representation.

I've also tried to list the supporters group responsible for the madness if it's clear who that might be.



Love this video, Section 8 is fantastic. Gave me chills the first time I watched it.



Not a lot of selection of action videos for Chivas, and specifically the Union Ultras. Not bad, though.



Very little for the Rapids, and the Centennial Firm. This weak effort is the best of the bunch.



The Nordecke (and the supporters groups that reside there) has gotten much love recently with the Crew hoisting MLS Cup. Like them or not, its hard not to put them up there with the best in MLS (I was almost tempted to post the brawl with the Hammers fans, but thought better of it). There are probably 50 videos I could have picked for Columbus.



La Barra Brava, with the usual help from La Norte and Screaming Eagles. Again, I could have put up a hundred different videos. Still the standard in my opinion.



Tried my best for FC Dallas, and ultimately I'm a little disappointed. Nothing too exciting.



Houston Dynamo's Texian Army. Just okay for me, although there may be something out there I don't know about. Seems the Texian Army likes to upload videos of the supporters section with music added. Not a big fan.



This video is from before the Wizards left Arrowhead; not sure how the change of venue effected the Cauldron. I was actually expecting to find more than I did (although that Jimmy Conrad "Crashing the Cauldron" video is pretty funny).



Best of what I could find for LA Galaxy's Riot Squad. Ehh.



Very tough for New England's Midnight Riders ultras to make a difference with that stadium.



Like the Midnight Riders, the Empire Supporters Club isn't helped much by their stadium. At least they've got a new one on the way.



This was the only video I could find of Rouge Cavalier's Brigade in action. Come on you lakers, step it up.



1906 Ultras, doing the job for San Jose. Nice.



Definitely my favorite TFC supporter video. The audio is fantastic. I'm pretty sure this is the Red Patch Boys and U-Sector.



Emerald City Supporters when the Sounders played in USL-1 last year. I'm anxious to see if they'll get a major bump with their boys moving up to MLS.



Wasn't sure if I wanted to include this, but what the hell. I have no idea what the Sons of Ben will be like as a supporters group in their own stadium singing for their own club, but they sure are organized as hell.



So there you go. Supporters groups for every MLS team and two future one. Maybe it's just me, but I love that stuff.
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Legal


    Privacy Policy