A Subtle Change

Monday, January 04, 2010 | View Comments
We interrupt the usual MFUSA content for a brief message regarding the blog itself. If you're reading this hoping for CBA, USSF, MLS, or USMNT commentary, feel free to check back shortly when that material resumes.


It's been quite awhile since I addressed the aims and goals of this blog directly; some bloggers are more comfortable doing so than others, and I've always been hesitant to wax (as un-poetically as possible) about something I'm not sure many care about. Call it an anti-self-indulgence inclination.


Whatever, enough dancing. The bottom line, and the point of this post, is to "announce" a subtle shift in the focus of Match Fit USA. While building the blog and an audience over the course of the past year, I fell into a trap that many bloggers are unable to avoid; I became a slave to multiple daily posts, posting news without examination, and generally just doing the same thing so many others already do.


That's certainly not what I intended, and so I am therefore resolving to return MFUSA to its roots. You'll no longer see 100 word posts on the latest news stories as become an unfortunate habit. Not only do they require me to devote more time to the site than I am currently realistically able, they add nothing to the greater conversation. Besides, I'm well aware that you don't come here for news; that why the soccer gods created SBI and Soccer Insider (among others).


What you will see here is my fairly regular and relatively deep musings on the biggest stories of the day, thought-provoking opinion pieces when I'm able to produce them (and I get itchy after awhile if I don't write something, so no worries about those slowing down), as much insight and analysis as our other contributors here are able to provide, and original reporting whenever possible (and I expect that aspect to increase somewhat in 2010).


I suppose I could have just phased out the noise (those short news entries) without letting on, but I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for those of you who put up with me and take something out of my work, so here we are.


Thanks for your patience.
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy