If you live in the United States and have a television, you've probably seen this commercial for DirecTV. In it, a Russian oligarch-type talks about the savings he receives by subscribing to "premium televisions package" through the satellite provider.


Not only is the spot hilarious ("Opulence. I has it."), it includes the disturbing image of a miniature giraffe. You can't go wrong with tiny animals.


I've seen the commercials approaching a thousand times, I'm sure. But it wasn't until last week that I noticed something interesting - it appears that our Russian TV-loving friend has a gold-framed photo of himself with what looks like two soccer players sitting on his opulent table.


Check it out for yourself:


Naturally, my first thought is that the Russian is in some small way a nod to Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich.   That blue could easily be Chelsea blue, after all.


In response, one of my Twitter friends suggested that Chelsea's new mascot be the tiny giraffe.  That is simply brilliant.
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy