A New Year of News

Monday, January 03, 2011 | View Comments
Excuse me while I clear out the cobwebs.


It's a new year, or It's A New Year! depending on how you rate the importance of such things, and that typically means blogs spitting out variations on a theme best described as "Things That Might Happen Over the Next Twelve Months, But That You (the reader) Will Have Forgotten Were Predicted When Some (or none) of Them Happen."
 

I'm already too late to comment on the calendar-dictated mandatory end-of-the-year post, wherein 2010 is reviewed for all of its ups, down, and in-betweens, and though I'm kicking myself for missing out on the opportunity to rehash our common experience from a general perspective, it's probably best to move on.


So you won't get any predictions, and you're already so over 2010 at this point.  There is news out there, floating around like MLS off-season detritus, which probably deserves some kind of comment. I hear Becks might be going to London for the winter to play on loan with Spurs - I thought I'd read that he said he wouldn't play for any English club other than Manchester United, out of loyalty to a shirt or something, but I suppose when you're actively mitigating the investment that MLS and the Galaxy made in you at every turn (at this point, I have no doubt that David Beckham's current raison d'ĂȘtre is to annoy Don Garber and AEG), Tottenham will have to do.  If Becks squints really hard, White Hart Lane might seem like Old Trafford.


Freddie Ljungberg, late of Chicago Fire of "The MLS", that funny league they have in America, is now at Celtic. Beyond recognizing that Ljungberg succeeding in Scotland would be better than his failing, purely from an MLS-reputation standpoint, I'm having trouble ginning up much of an opinion on the move. Freddie always wanted to get back to Europe, especially when he discovered that MLS is a rough-and-tumble league with a lot of fast players who tend to slam into people and referees who blow their whistles at irregular intervals having nothing to do to how many times Ljungberg rolls around on the ground. Physical play wasn't Freddie's bag, so he went to Scotland. And it hangs there...


There's more, but I honestly don't have time at the moment, for which I apologize.


My schedule gets better later in the week, at which point I hope we'll be back to full strength.


-JD
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy