A Small Moment of Fame

Monday, September 21, 2009 | View Comments

I'm not normally one for self-promotion, aside from the standard Twitter announcements and a plug or two in the various other places I sometimes appear, but I couldn't let this pass by without mentioning it; thanks to MFUSA reader Richard, my piece on the character of MLS clubs (or lack thereof) came up on this weekend's edition of World Football Phone-in.

I haven't quite gotten around to doing a suggested podcast list, though if I did, WFPI would certainly be on it. It's in my habitual rotation, especially as it regularly includes American soccer voice Sean Wheelock and South American football savant Tim Vickery.

If you haven't listened to WFPI before, you now have a reason to do so; while the show in its podcast form isn't the entire broadcast (not sure why, something to do with stodgy BBC policies), this week's version does include Richard's call and the mention of my piece (and my name) as he poses a question to Sean Wheelock (the call starts at about 9:19, with the portion involving my piece coming at 12:08).

I'm killing three birds with one stone: crowing about the mention of something I wrote on a prominent football show, pointing you in the direction of an excellent podcast that covers questions on MLS and the American soccer often, and most importantly, thanking Richard for giving me a highlight of my blogging career (such as it is).
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy