MLS Matchday Madness

Saturday, April 10, 2010 | View Comments

Eight matches in the span of seven hours will go down in Major League Soccer today, and it's my plan to watch as much of it as possible. That likely means prioritizing the batch of matches that will be taking place from 8:30 PM ET onward, but nevertheless I'll be covering what I can.


Instead of a live blog (too much work, too haphazard for such a crazy day), or a live blog-style post updated every few minutes, I've decided on a hybrid.


The plan is to post each hour on the hour throughout the match day; that means I'll have something up at 5 ET on the first half of Chivas USA-New York, with subsequent posts at 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11. I'll likely be giving my thoughts on whatever is happening at the moment; if necessary, I'll give a time check for the game in question when I'm posting midstream.


In the spirit of encouraging commentary, I'm considering updating the 5 PM post with each hour check-in; that means you'll be able to give your own commentary on the action as it's happening in that thread.


Today's schedule:


New York Red Bulls at Chivas USA
The Home Depot Center 4:00 PM - TeleFutura

D.C. United at Philadelphia Union
Lincoln Financial Field 6:00 PM - FSC/FSE

Toronto FC at New England Revolution
Gillette Stadium 7:30 PM - MLS Direct Kick

Colorado Rapids at Kansas City Wizards
CommunityAmerica Ballpark 8:30 PM - MLS Direct Kick

Los Angeles Galaxy at Houston Dynamo
Robertson Stadium 8:30 PM - MLS Direct Kick

Columbus Crew at FC Dallas
Pizza Hut Park 8:30 PM - MLS Direct Kick

San Jose Earthquakes at Chicago Fire
Toyota Park 8:30 PM - MLS Direct Kick

Seattle Sounders FC at Real Salt Lake
Rio Tinto Stadium 9:00 PM - MLS Direct Kick


Keep in mind that notes on each match are going to be first-impressions, and that the commentary may be a bit more stream-of-consciousness than my usual style.


Don't forget to get in on the predictions league.


The more dialogue the better, so get your thoughts in as we go.


See you in a new post at 5.
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy