Bob's Christmas List

Monday, December 21, 2009 | View Comments
Santa Claus


A source that has requested confidentiality forwarded this to me last night. And for fear of being put on the naughty list, I dare not reveal his identity:

Dear Santa,

It’s that time of year again. I wanted to thank you for fulfilling all of my wish list for last year. I thought that I might have asked for too much last year with qualifying for the World Cup and getting a good draw on the list along with a marquee win and a shiny new striker. Actually, you really outdid yourself with giving me the emergence of both Altidore and Davies. I've included a couple of pictures that show off the wishes of mine that you've fulfilled.

Jozy Altidore, Joan Capdevilla

That brings me to the first thing on my list this year, a healthy team. I know that every team goes through injuries, but honestly, my team is just not deep enough yet to deal with injuries to our top players. Against Spain, I saw what the kids can do against when everyone can contribute. I’d feel much better about things if I had the whole pool to draw from. I’m not sure if you have medical elves to help on this, but I really wasn’t sure how you would fulfill last year’s list either and that worked out.

I’d like a respectable showing in the round of 16. I realize that this is really two wishes in one, but with the draw that we got, getting out of the group is more like a really nice stocking stuffer than a present. I’m sure you understand. I’d love a win, but I think my job is pretty safe with a loss on penalty kicks or something like that game against Germany in WC02.

If I do keep my job past the World Cup, I’d really like a new model of center back. The team has a lot of talent under 25 in just about every position except this one. Don’t get me wrong, I really like the big, physically commanding, set piece target, win everything in the air center backs that I have, but they have their limitations. If you could make a young quicker center back emerge from the pack that can defend large areas of the box and cover for other defenders mistakes, it would give me a lot of flexibility going forward. Then I wouldn’t have to worry that none of my natural left-sided backs under 30 years old can play solid defense for 90 minutes. Maybe I wouldn’t play with a defensive midfielder paired with a box-to-box guy just to close down spaces around our goal. Although I’ll probably still do that. I do love seeing Mikey charging the goal.

Michael Bradley
Santa, there are so many things that I could ask for, so many things that the team needs. I hope that you see my three little wishes as reasonable requests. As always, your additional generosity is welcome. Also I hope you take into account my gratitude compared to the English when deciding if the FA should be on the naughty list this year.

Sincerely,

Bob Bradley
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy