Something About Soccer

Friday, February 27, 2009 | View Comments
It's Friday, the weather in the DC metro is reasonably warm (although it looks like rain), and my brain has already cashed out for the weekend.

So I'm struggling this morning to come up with something interesting to write about.

I have yet to do a CCL review, and while I still plan on it, now is not the time.

I have yet to write complete my new open letter project, but it requires my full attention, and I'm stuck at the day job. Maybe Sunday.

So let's see what is out there...

An open letter to David Beckham from MLS Daily-I guess someone had to do one
A tidbit (end of the story) on "three way" negotiations over Beckham in the NYT Goal blog-This is why the deal will happen, whether Milan wants to pony up or not
An opinon on Becks' situation from a Forbes blogger-What a Negative Nelly; I'm not sure either Miami or Montreal have "bailed"
Projected MLS Eastern Conference lineups from Climbing the Ladder-Barring injuries, looks like Toronto should be a playoff team
A bunch of positives from the MLS Examiner-If I had the time, this is the type of post I would have preferred to do today

On that Seattle story; context is important, and I think it would be a stretch to say that soccer is more popular in Seattle than baseball. Still, the Sounders have obviously tapped into something there, and the recent quote from Sigi Schmid that he believed 35,000/game is possible are amazing (whether they're realistic or not). For a local perspective on the issue, head to Sounder at Heart.

That's all for now. I'll more than likely be back this evening.
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy