Steven Goff reported through his Soccer Insider twitter account that the Union Ultras, a Chivas USA supporters group, displayed a "Keep United in DC" banner at the HDC Saturday night during the Goats' home match versus DC United.

Dare I hope? Could it be that this humble blog inspired another team's fans to join in the campaign to keep United in their rightful home?

Maybe not, but it's certainly possible. MFUSA has more than a few readers in the Southern California area, and perhaps one like my idea.

I have yet to get my hands on a photo of the banner, and I missed the live shot during FSC's coverage on Saturday night. If you have a picture, know of someone who does, or better yet know the origin of the Union Ultra's inspiration, please PLEASE let me know.

A bit of discussion about the movement after the jump.

Originally, the "United Movement" was intended to coincide with the supporters march taking place in DC on May 9th; it never occurred to me that it could extend beyond that date. It makes sense though. United's struggle to remain in DC won't stop, and so there's no reason the fans' solidarity campaign should stop.

Whether they got the idea from me or not, the Union Ultras should be applauded for what they did. Maybe it will spawn copycats around the country, everywhere that DC United play.

Again, if you're a member of the Union Ultras or have insight into their motivation for the banner, please get in touch with me at matchfitusa@gmail.com

Don't forget, new podcast tomorrow.

**UPDATE**

Thanks to a heads up by Alejo in the comments, we now have picture of the banner.
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy