It seems like I just did one of these (because I did), but it's time again for MFUSA's ridiculous handicapping exercise.

Power rankings abound, and if you haven't seen my spin on them before, this is how it works:

I select the team least likely to win MLS Cup (the long shot) and the team most likely to win the MLS Cup (the odds on favorite or "short") based on overall results and current form. It's inane and means nothing, but that makes it no different than any of the power rankings on the web.

All the nonsense, after the jump.

POST-WEEK 7 LONG SHOT
FC Dallas/New York Red Bulls


A new wrinkle in the long shot spot: a dead heat. FC Dallas remains because I saw them in person this weekend, and they truly have nothing going forward outside of Van Den Bergh and Cooper. Shut those two guys down (which United did for the most part) and Dallas is a depressingly impotent team. The Hoops lone goal came off a set piece, something which they are going to have to rely on for goals until something changes. New York is truly sad, and I wouldn't be doing my fake job if I didn't give the Red Bulls a shout for the long shot as well. The Osorio sack-watch has to be on now; I can't imagine the team's corporate owners are going to be too happy with recent form, and a last place finish just won't do going into Red Bull Arena's opening next year.

MFUSA ODDS: 100-1
RUNNER UP: Columbus
(not really, but they are stinking up the joint)

POST-WEEK 7 FAVORITE
Chivas USA


Broken record time at the favorite spot. Chivas continues to roll along, racking up points and separating themselves from the mediocre pack. I somehow doubt things will continue this way for the entire season, but who else has really shown themselves to be a dominant team? Exactly. The playoff system means that the MLS Cup winner could be anyone from the top eight, of course, so giving Chivas this spot doesn't necessarily mean I think they'll win it, just that they've played the best and seem capable. All this for Chivas, and we still haven't seen the best out of Sacha Kjlestan.

MFUSA ODDS: 10-1
RUNNER UP: Seattle Sounders
(this isn't just a shout to Dave, it's a acknowledgment that Seattle's resiliency is finally impressing me)

Do you disagree with my choices this week? My ridiculous odds?
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy