Ladies and gentlemen, your 2009 MLS All Star First XI, who will take on EPL side Everton at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah on July 29th.

Only two Sounders in the First XI, just in case you were wondering...

Kasey Keller (Sounders FC)
Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew)
Wilman Conde (Chicago Fire),
Geoff Cameron (Houston)
Shalrie Joseph (New England Revs)
Stuart Holden (Houston)
Guillermo Barros Schelotto (Columbus Crew)
Dwayne De Rosario (Toronto FC)
Freddie Ljungberg (Sounders FC)
Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy)
Conor Casey (Colorado Rapids)

I'm not the biggest believer in the All Star Game (though I understand the need for it), so I'm neither thrilled nor dismayed over this group. Holden certainly deserves it, as does his teammate Cameron. I'm not quite sure that Ljundberg an All Star starter based on his performance, I'm fine with him being there from a marketing standpoint. Keller is a good choice at keeper, GBS is a no-brainer, and Casey deserves to be there on his first half form.

Thoughts on this group?

*UPDATE* Just for the hell of it, here's the full list of the top twenty vote getters. I'm not quite sure what the numbers actually mean (percentage?), but this gives you an idea of who each group of voters selected. I'd share with you my media vote, but I can't honestly remember who I voted for (they were all worthy though, I assure you).

MLS All Stars
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy