SOCCER: JUN 06 FIFA World Cup Qualifier - Honduras at United States

Just a little catch up, as I attempt to reboot my brain; I haven't exactly been at the top of my game in recent days.

Two young American players are in the news for potential moves; one who raised his stock during a strong Confederations Cup, and one who remains a frustratingly incomplete player yet to impact the USMNT.

Houston Dynamo midfielder Ricardo Clark is set to move to Italian side Livorno, but not until January, according to a reports in the Italian press. Clark's growth as a player should be helped by the move, and there's no reason to think he won't see significant playing time for the newly promoted club. Just keep in mind that I've yet to find this move as "confirmed" in any official sense.

Kenny Cooper is also staying in MLS, at least for the time being. Buzz Carrick reports that Cooper will stay with FC Dallas through the end of the 2009 season, when his current contract expires. Cooper can leave on a free transfer in January, and seems likely to do so.

It's time for Cooper to go, in my opinion, though I see no harm in his finishing out this season before heading elsewhere.

How do you feel about Clark landing in Italy, and where do you see Cooper ending up at season's end?
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy