USA-Honduras Match Day Morning

Wednesday, July 08, 2009 | View Comments
CONCACAF Cup - Grenada v USA

I'm dragging a bit today, despite doing my best to turn in early last night. Tuesday was the first day I can remember where I didn't either watch a significant portion of a match or write something for this esteemed blog. You'd think it would be relaxing to avoid soccer for a night, but I'm instead annoyed by the feeling that I missed something.

Tonight will not be a repeat, of course. The US takes on Honduras this evening at RFK, which will be a much sterner test than their Gold Cup-opening win over Grenada. With a roster full of interchangable parts, I expect we may see a few different faces out there tonight. If Bradley is feeling at all sentimental, he might give Santino Quaranta a start in front of the home town fans. I expect Freddy Adu will remain in the lineup, both to give him more time to shake off the rust, and to give him another opportunity to showcase himself for potential clubs. One would expect to see Robbie Rogers again in light of his fantastic performance in Seattle, but I'm not positive that logic is a worthwhile guide for this tournament.

With advancement to the quarterfinals a near certainty, Bradley can afford to mix and match his players, giving each a chance to prove themselves ahead of the second half of World Cup qualifying.

Though Honduras, like the Americans, isn't at full-strength, they represent enough of a step up that tonight's game should give us a better indication of which of the US B-team are poised for an A-team promotion (or perhaps which will play themselves out of the A-team).

I have zero belief that I can accurately predict the US lineup for tonight, but I'll go ahead and take a shot anyway.

------------------------Robles------------------------
Cherundolo-----Pakhurst--------Marshall---------Pearce
Quaranta-------Holden----------Feilhaber--------Rogers
-------------------------Adu--------------------------
------------------------Davies------------------------

Give me your best guess, or even better, tell me who you would want to see tonight. Should Bob just pick the best eleven, or should he mix it up a litte?

I may have more throughout the day, and I'll do my best to pass along any interesting news I come across. Also, make sure to lookout for the USA-Honduras live blog tonight-if it's not here (though it should be), look for it at Epic Footy.

Oh, and there is now a message board for fans of the MFUSA Soccer Show, Winning Ugly Radio and the twofootedtackle podcast, all in one place. Head over if you'd like a little more interaction.

*Went all day before I realized I had a typo in the title. That stinks.
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy