May 13, 2010 - Cape Town, South Africa - epa02155480 A tourist looks at T-shirts with the branding of the FIFA 2010 World Cup for sale in a shop in Cape Town's upmarket Waterfront shopping complex, Cape Town, South Africa, 13 May 2010. With less than a month to go before the start of the FIFA 2010 World Cup retailers are preparing themselves for the onslaught of fans and have already noticed an upturn in business. Cape Town is one of nine South African cities hosting the FIFA 2010 World Cup, which kicks off on June 11.

World Cup time is selling time. Everyone and their footy-loving mother has a soccer-themed gadget, gizmo, t-shirt, flip-flop, viewer's guide, fantasy game, or documentary they're desperate to bring a little publicity.


That being the case, when you run a modestly successful soccer blog, you become the target for each and every opportunist from here to Capetown. I've received more than a few emails asking for my help in spreading the word about this thing or that, and in some cases I've even been offered a little shwag.


Rather than pick and choose, attempt to determine who deserves it and who doesn't, I've decided to just dump all of the pitches I've received to this point in one post.


WORLD CUP SPECTACULAR!


I won't be making any real judgments about the various things being pushed (can't help from throwing out a word or two), but will simply let you make up your mind as to which are worthy of your time and which are not. It was either this or ignore them completely, and hey, I'm feeling magnanimous today.


Even as I play the hypocrite, I would like to second the feelings of my friend Richard Whittall who rightly questioned this one-way street of nonsense.


On to the stuff.


The Beautiful Game T-Shirt


Snazzy?



World Cup Life Tokens


From the people the hooked us up with printable World Cup TV schedules.


Brazil Documentary


Nike commissioned documentary on soccer's place in Brazilian culture.



USA 2010 Wristbands


Show your support. On your wrist!



Championship Manager World Cup Game


I don't play. So yeah...a game. This was a pitch to become an affiliate to promote the game, so there's no direct link. And I'm not an affiliate.



Great World Cup Moments T-Shirts


Finally! Lalas on a t-shirt in all his ginger glory!



Goom Radio


Some kind of digital radio station for the World Cup. I dunno.


Visa Go Fans Promotion


YouTube contest for a trip to the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.



Who Really Wins? Documentary


An investigative look at the fallout from the World Cup for poverty-stricken South Africa. Image link goes to a YouTube trailer.


Passback Program in South Africa


The U.S. Soccer Foundation running their Passback program in South Africa.



11 Kicks Fantasy Challenge


Play World Cup fantasy, win money. Not a fantasy guy myself.



Havaianas (Flip Flops)


The aforementioned flip flops. Never got mine.


***


I'm not even sure if this is all of them. I probably missed a few in my email.

Isn't the World Cup a wonderful time?
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy