Brain Scan

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 | View Comments
Just a couple of quick thoughts that have been rattling around my head today, and which may be top of mind for some of you out there:

1. MLS & ESPN
Still trying to figure out what the Primetime Thursday fallout will be. I've seen a couple different opinions on the matter (some spinning positive, some negative), and I don't think anyone knows what it will exactly mean until we see what ESPN does with advertising. It would seem to me that the whole thing will turn on whether or not ESPN pushes MLS or simply lets the whole thing die a slow death.

2. USA vs. Sweden
Happens this week, so of course it's on our minds. I'm hoping for (but not expecting) a tough 2-1 win or 1-1 draw.

3. USA vs. Mexico Buildup
The Sweden game, of course, is just a warm up to the main event on February 11th. Today I saw this (via The Touchline), which I'm sure promises to be just the first salvo we'll see in the next couple of weeks. I'm not sure how the Mexicans can continue to deny that the U.S. is at least on their level, but I guess that's just the nature of rivalry.

4. Expansion Countdown
I won't bite the style of others and rank the candidates, but we're getting close to the next announcment, and speculation is ALL OVER THE PLACE. I've even seem some conjecture that there may only be one spot doled out during this round (thanks to economic factors).
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy