Thought of the Day

Monday, January 19, 2009 | View Comments
I've got family obligations today, so I don't have time to spit out my usual thousand words of nonsense. Instead, I simply want to pose a question. I hope to have a review/commentary that relates to the question sometime in the near future:

Does it benefit MLS to attempt to maintain parity within in the league, or would soccer in the U.S. be better served by having one or two "superclubs"?

Just to frame the question a bit, I'll note that teams in the largest media markets would certainly be the leading candidates for this "superclub" status (LA Galaxy and Red Bull New York top of mind). If these teams were allowed to use their full resources to attract talent and market themselves, the profile of the league might be elevated. Parity, on the other hand, insures that fans all around the league can believe that their side can win MLS Cup every year, possibly aiding attendance throughout the league; but parity also insures a kind of across-the-board mediocrity which may hold back the entire endeavor.

I'm still fleshing out my thoughts on the matter, so I'll hold back on giving my opinion now; feel free to rant if you feel the urge.
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy