MLS Primetime Thursday News

Monday, January 19, 2009 | View Comments
OK, so I'm supposed to be hanging out with the family, but I just couldn't let this slide without an immediate reaction.

Soccer Insider has a blurb about ESPN "dropping" MLS Primtime Thursday:

When I glanced Goff's headline, my heart immediately went into my throat. Luckily, that was an overreaction. Essentially, ESPN has chosen to move away from the regularly scheduled Thursday game and move to a "Game of the Week" format, which will float throughout the season. Although ESPN has made their MLS broadcasts a moving target rather than appointment viewing (which is certainly was for me, just ask my wife), I'm just glad to see them shaking things up. I'm sure their contract doesn't allow them to drop MLS altogether, so there wasn't really any danger of MLS disappearing from ESPN (making my overreaction even more idiotic). If ESPN sees a need to revamp their MLS approach (ratings sucked, I know), it's all good with me. If ESPN is able to better cherry pick the game they broadcast week to week, perhaps ratings will go high enough to justify a little more investment on their part.

If they learn how to properly put on a broadcast, I'm sure ratings would improve as well.
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy