Draft Day

Thursday, January 15, 2009 | View Comments
Here we are, roughly three hours from one of the big events on the MLS calendar, the SuperDraft (I've never understood the "super" part; what makes it super?).

Although I've indicated here that the draft needs to eventually become obsolete if MLS is going make the leap to relevancy, it's currently the best method for teams to acquire young talent. I'm mostly unfamiliar with the players, though I'll be trying to learn as much as possible about those most highly touted, if only because I'll be rooting for them to become stars. MLS is a league lacking for young star power, so the more of these players that fulfill their potential, the better.

I'm looking forward to the day that a young American (or U.S. based) starlet makes their debut in MLS after being groomed in his team's youth system. Until then, happy draft day, and I hope your team gets the guy you want.

I'm looking to put something together in the near future on the upcoming expansion announcement: there has already been plenty of discussion around the web on which cities deserve teams or have the strongest bids, so I'll be focusing on what each city's team would mean in a broader American sports context (if that makes any sense).
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy