A Friday USL Recommendation

Friday, April 24, 2009 | View Comments

The weekend is officially here, and I couldn't be more relieved. It's been one hell of a week, and it's about time I kick back with a nice beer (I recommend Smithwick's), my HDTV, and a little televised soccer action.

Luckily, I won't have to wait until tomorrow to get my fix. There's some proper soccer on Fox Soccer Channel tonight, and I'm exhorting you to check it out.

Saved from the executioner's ax for 2009, the Miami FC Blues opened their season with a resounding 3-1 victory over the Cleveland City Stars last week. Diego Serna scored two, and the Blues are off to a flying start. If nothing else, Miami is intriguing because of how close they came to not playing this season. I'm anxious to see them play. I'm also curious to see what kind of crowd Miami gets at FIU Stadium.

Montreal is the biggest club in USL (apologies to Vancouver and Portland; you can't be too mad, you're moving up soon). The UCL run, the 50,000 at Olympic Stadium, the passionate supporters and big attendance (by USL standards); it all has me intrigued.

I highly suggest you watch, as I know I'll be. Hell, if enough people comment on this post that they'll be watching, I might even step up and do an impromptu live blog.

USL! FSC! TONIGHT!
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy