Four teams standing, and only one will gain the loyalty of yours truly. This is the semi-finals, where four USL-1 clubs fight it out for the right to be my club.

I expect that when the winner is finally announced I'll receive phone calls of welcome from owners and chairmen, be feted in the streets, and be lavished with team-related paraphernalia to the point of overkill.

Okay, so maybe I won't get all of that. But I will have a new club to call my own, and for that I'm truly excited.

Let the semis begin. No detailed breakdown this time around, just a simple comparison of the clubs based on my impressions to this point in the project.

Montreal Impact v. Minnesota Thunder


MFUSA Vote: Advantage Minnesota (16% to 9%)
Passionate Comments/Emails: Advantage Minnesota (barely)
Cool YouTube videos of supporters: Advantage Montreal
MFUSA's Gut: Even (cop out, I know)

Winner: Minnesota Thunder

That was a nail-biter. If it was a soccer match, it would have come down the last penalty, which was apparently saved the Minnesota keeper.

Good showing, Montreal.

Austin Aztex v. Puerto Rico Islanders


MFUSA Vote: Advantage Puerto Rico (35% to 12%)
Passionate Comments/Emails: Even
Did That Ginge Didn't Choose: Advantage Puerto Rico
MFUSA's Gut: Advantage Puerto Rico (barely)

Winner: Puerto Rico Islanders

The Ginge thing is a joke of course, though I couldn't really choose the same team as him, now could I? Seriously thought, my gut said Puerto Rico, and the Islanders fans truly represented in the poll. Can't ignore that.

It's too bad the Aztex went up against the Islanders in the semis; the might have otherwise made the finals.

One more round to go. Finals are now set:

Minnesota Thunder v. Puerto Rico Islanders

Stay tuned, the finals are coming soon. If you've got a horse in this race, if you're a fan/supporter of either club, step up and hype up your team just one more time.
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy