I'm unveiling a new feature for MFUSA; instead of the standard power rankings (of which there are thousands out there), I'm going to focus on who I believe is the single best team after a given week's action (the odds on favorite), and the single worst team (the long shot). I'm playing handicapper here; if I was setting the odds, these would be the shortest and longest odds on the board, respectively.

This is completely subjective, though I'd love to work in the actual odds; if anyone knows where I can find odds for winning MLS Cup (all I can seem to find is game odds), let me know. You'll win a fabulous imaginary MFUSA t-shirt (which one day will hopefully be real), a big thank you from me, and your named mentioned on the blog (WOO HOO!).

The long and the short for the week after the jump.

WEEK 4 LONG SHOT
FC Dallas

A spirited tie on the road makes some feel better, but it doesn't change my mind that FCD is the longest shot on the board; there's so much wrong with the team, from top down, that it's almost inconceivable to think they'll turn it around and make the playoffs. Still, a couple of bucks on Dallas might actually be worth the risk: the odds will be long, which means the payout could be big, and a coaching change or something like it could actually turn the team around. There is some talent for the Hoops, and a break or two might make the season. In a league that thrives on parity, even the longest of shots is a relatively worthwhile bet.

MFUSA ODDS: 100-1

WEEK 4 ODDS ON FAVORITE
Chicago Fire

Remember, this is all about who you would put your money on to win the whole thing if you were forced to make a bet; while Seattle and Chivas have more points than Chicago, I'm not convinced that either is actually better than the Fire. There's an awful lot to like about the club, and if they can get contributions from McBride and Rolfe on a semi-regular basis, I still expect them to be there in the end. But, just like with Dallas' long shot status, Chicago is far from a sure thing. Just because they look great now doesn't mean that injuries or a poor run of form at the wrong time won't derail their MLS Cup train. Think of Chicago as the Yankees; they're enticing because they should be good enough to win, but they might have some issues that will keep them from filling their full potential.

MFUSA ODDS: 5-1

Unfortunately, I'm not set up to actually take you bets; I'm sure I could make some cash if I was...

That was fun. Maybe I'll extend it to more teams next week.
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy