NYC, MLS & Some Mexican Guy

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 | View Comments

Let me first say that I'd never heard of Carlos Slim before today. Let me also say that a second team in New York City (or a first team of you're one of those New York people that poo-poos the Red Bulls) is an obvious dream for Major League Soccer. Apparently the two are now linked, and it's creating a bit of a stir.

More after the jump.

Rumblings (ground-shaking as they are) have Senor Slim and MLS getting together, working out some kind of deal, and moving rapidly ahead with expansion plans in the Big Apple. Second (or maybe third, it really doesn't matter) richest guy in the world plus media capital of the world plus the world's game plus that puddle of drool at Don Garber's feet equals...what?

I dunno, I'm just here to comment on the news, and this seems to be some pretty big news.

I'm hesitant to mention it, but I've heard that there may also be a dedicated TV channel for the new team, something Slim can obviously make happen with this telecommunications clout.


Happy April Fools Day!
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy