I'm stuck at work, with a horribly slow computer and piles of actual works staring me in the face.

Nonetheless, I wanted to post an expansion news update; things are happening in both Portland and St. Louis.

Jeff Cooper and the St. Louis United team have found a new partner in beer behemoth Anheuser-Busch. A-B will sign over a soccer stadium they currently own to Cooper and his group, a move that would seem to be "too little, too late".

It's unclear what, if anything, A-B is contributing besides the stadium; the financial clout of the brewer would certainly be a major feather in the cap of the bidders. If A-B had stepped up sooner, the St. Louis bid might not have faded into obscurity. As it stands, however, with Vancouver an apparent lock and Portland likely to receive a team pending today's city council vote, the St. Louis soccer faithful will be forced to worship at the altar of a USL-1 team (which is better than nothing).

I'm not familiar with the stadium in question, and don't have time to do the proper research. If any would like to comment on the size, viability, etc. of the facility, it would be greatly appreciated.

Meanwhile in Portland (Super Friends narrator voice), the city council has just taken a five minute recess after several hours of testimony and discussion on the stadium issue. My live feed is choppy, but from what I can make out (helped by the humourous liveblogging of this guy), it's been a fairly even debate. I have no idea how the swing vote council members are leaning, so I'm not sure if any of the proceedings to this point have had an impact.

Back later if I can. Still have to thump out a comentary on the MLS Cup in Seattle situation.
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy