Sounders Big Night

Friday, March 20, 2009 | View Comments
I'm spent. After a night of liveblogging and dealing with various family related concerns, I'm simply a walking zombie today.

Still, I wouldn't be doing my made up job if I didn't post about last nights amazing win by Major League Soccer's newest team, the Seattle Sounders.

Obviously, it was a great first performance for the team on the field. Freddy Montero was dangerous every time he touched the ball, the Sounders' defense held up, and even the ancient Kasey Keller looked pretty good.

My bold predictions for the Sounders in 2009, which I formed before the match but will share with you now, are the following:

Freddy Montero will be in contention for the Golden Boot most of the season

Seattle will have a pretty good home record, stink on the road, and barely miss the playoffs

Every nationally televised Sounders game will involve at least 6,324 shots of Drew Carey with a scarf around his neck and his arms awkwardly in the air after Seattle scores

Something the old school Sounders fans already know but that was clearly evident last night: Stepehn Le Toux is pretty good.

I might put up a more in-depth look at the Sounders-Red Bulls match at some point, but for now make due with a fan video of Montero's second goal (the third goal of the match), and look out for my MLS Daily column a little bit later on.

    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy