Monday Morning Update

Monday, March 09, 2009 | View Comments
Excuse me while I ramble a bit, there are just a couple of things I want to share this morning.

First, let me clarify my "MLS & gambling" thoughts from the podcast just a bit. I stated that perhaps MLS should court the gambling community, which was a fairly serious error on my part. I realize that the issue is a sticky one, and I want to make it clear that I'm not saying MLS should get in bed with any gambling concern; I simply wanted to flesh out some thoughts on gambling's influence on the popularity of the NFL, and whether gambling on soccer could help MLS. I'm going to leave the topic alone until I can get a grasp on it.

Second, I wanted to link to a missive by Gareth Wheeler in the Toronto Sun on the Beckham saga. I've said some of the same things that Wheeler does, and I just wanted to exhibit a more authoritative voice; specifically, Wheeler laments the involvement of Claure and Barcelona in the Miami bid if they were only in it because of Becks.

Third, I'd love to see an update on ticket sales around the league. We know Seattle is doing well, but it's been a little while since we've heard how the new ticket packages (i.e. New England's "Defend the Fort") and other promotions are affecting overall sales. The economy continues to get worse, and the impact is sure to be felt by MLS teams. A well known rumor site is reporting that ticket's sold for FC Dallas' home opener are abysmal, and I'm curious if other teams are having similar struggles.

Although I'd much rather post all day, it's going to be a busy day at the joe-job, and MFUSA has yet to bring me any income. So the joe-job takes precedence, but I will be back here later if I can.
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy