USA-Brazil TV Ratings

Monday, June 29, 2009 | View Comments

Goff at Soccer Insider has posted the ESPN ratings for the Confederations Cup final, and they're predictably pretty good.

2.74 overall, which per my basic match, means that 3.1 million homes were tuned to the match. That sounds pretty good, but I can't shake that feeling that it seems a little low. I've heard nothing but anecdotal stories about Americans watching the match yesterday, from both inside and outside the soccer community, and that would lead me to believe that 3.1 million doesn't quite represent the total number of TVs tuned to the game. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Remember, this number is only for ESPN and does not include the Univision Spanish-language TV numbers; I would expect that Univision number will more than double the total households that watched the match.

I also don't off hand have anything to compare this to; my guess is that the number is inline with many regular-season games from baseball or basketball, and well behind even the lowest rated NFL game.

Check Goff's blog for an interesting list of the cities that watched the game in the greatest numbers (or perhaps its percentage, I'm not really sure).

Anyone have insight on this number? Do you share my feeling that it might not represent the total ESPN audience?
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy