The Real US Gold Cup Roster

Thursday, June 25, 2009 | View Comments

The actual US Gold Cup 23-man roster was released this morning, and it only bears a passing resemblance to the preliminary roster that I and so many others posted last week.

Here's the list:

Goalkeepers: Perkins, Robles, Busch

Defenders: Pearce, Goodson, Marshall, Cherundolo, Conrad, Parkhurst, Heaps

Midfielders: Beckerman, Rogers, Pause, Holden, Colin Clark, Cronin, Evans, Arnaud

Forwards: Davies, Ching, Cooper, Adu, Quaranta

It looks like Adu should actually see the field in this tournament, unlike the Confederations Cup, and he desperately needs the time. Interesting to see Conrad's name on the list; his rumored "fallout" with Bob Bradley is apparently finally mended.

I'm happy to see Parkhurst, Goodson, Quaranta (who we knew about thanks to Goff), and Cooper in the squad.

I'm not really sure why Jay Heaps is on this team, but as I'm not putting too much into the Gold Cup from a fan perspective and only really want to see the younger guys play, it doesn't bother me too much.

The surprise of the group for me might be Sam Cronin; I know he's good, and that's he's played well for Toronto, I'm just surprised to see him brought into a US camp at this point.

Your thoughts?
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy