Terrible Tuesday

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 | View Comments
David Beckham is still popular at the LA Galaxy even if it is only a cardboard cut out! LA

Tuesdays are just terrible, terrible days. I would much rather be here, updating and commentating on the news of the day with you good people, but that's not what my job pays me to do.

Hence, this little afternoon shout is all about the work of others, because I don't want you to think I'm neglecting you.

Go read the excerpt released for Grant Wahl's upcoming book on David Beckham. It's intriguing stuff. I hope to have both a commentary on the except selection tonight and a commentary on the full version in the near future. There's plenty to talk about with MLS, the Galaxy, and all of the relevant parties. It should make for an interesting summer in LA (and leads me to a conclusion on Donovan, but that's for later).

There's word the CONCACAF is pulling their clubs out of the Copa Sudamericana. I haven't really had a chance to think about what this means, but it's obviously a move by Blazer & Co. to give Mexican clubs more incentive to care about the CONCACAF Champions League. The note about the confederation meeting in November to review CONCACAF (meaning Mexico because they're the only ones involved right now) clubs' participating in the Copa Libertadores is very interesting.

Goff has updated the TV numbers for the Confed Cup final, and they're just a little different than what we heard yesterday. I still don't think it completely represents the audience that watched that game. Here's a Seattle Times Sounders blog post on how those numbers stack up in American soccer TV history.

One last note before I go: Am I the only one that wonders why we haven't heard even one Donovan transfer rumor? Either MLS has the guy on complete lockdown and the whole world knows it, or the clubs interested have managed to keep it quiet. Maybe there's just no interest.
blog comments powered by Disqus
    KKTC Bahis Siteleri, Online Bahis

    Archive

    Legal


    Privacy Policy